Versions of SpreadMsg Software
SpreadMsg software is supplied in four versions, the free "Lite" version, and three registered versions: an "/EM" Email Agent version, the "Pro" Professional version, and the "PRO/fs" Pro with Fileserver version. Below is a detailed breakdown of the features present in each version. You may upgrade from any version to any higher version at any time. The main SpreadMsg product page, with detailed feature descriptions, screen shots, and download, is here.
SpreadMsg Lite is provided under a no-cost license. It has many useful features of its own, and also serves as a non-expiring trial version for features of the other SpreadMsg upgrade versions. It contains a full-featured E-Mail Agent, with support for receiving mail from either POP3 or IMAP mail servers, but it is limited to a single "rule template". A template is the user-specified content and filter logic used to scan waiting e-mails. For the delivery of messages which result form E-Mail scanning, a database of 20 email and instant messaging addresses are available for selection as message delivery destinations. Message "delivery" may also be made to diskfile for further processing or use by another application. Dialout message delivery is also available for direct message delivery to the user's wireless message provider. An external process may be launched as a result of the Template rules being met.
The rest of the data-capture and rule-based logic of SpreadMsg software is present in the Lite version with the following restrictions: you may send unlimited Test Messages to either your pager or other wireless device, and also to email addresses you specify. Realtime, rule-based messages from DataSources are displayed on-screen, identical in content to what is actually delivered in the Pro and PRO/fs Version.
SpreadMsg /EM Order SpreadMsg /EM Now
SpreadMsg /EM is for users who primarily want the features of the SpreadMsg E-Mail Agent. All capabilities of the E-Mail agent are included, and there are provisions for 10 separate rule templates that may be saved and automatically loaded and re-activated at each time the software is run.
Additional or Specific Features in /EM Compared to the Lite Version
* May have up to 10 Rule Templates active at once
* Email Agent supports scanning and retrieval from POP3 email servers
* Templates are saved and restored between sessions
* Unattended operation continues without interruption
* Data Parsing to extract small message content from large emails
* Ability to launch external processes as a result of Template rules being met
The rest of the data-capture and rule-based logic of SpreadMsg software is present in the /EM version with the following restrictions: you may send unlimited Test Messages to either your pager or other wireless device, and also to the email address you specify. Realtime, rule-based messages from DataSources other than the EMail Agent are displayed on-screen, identical in content to what is actually delivered in the Professional Version.
The /EM Version 6 is a registered upgrade that costs only US$99.00, and may be ordered via phone, fax, email, or Online Ordering
SpreadMsg Professional Order SpreadMsg Pro Now
SpreadMsg Pro adds support for more data sources and scanning power. The E-Mail Agent allows up to 50 rule templates in simultaneous operation, and both POP3 and IMAP email servers are supported. All other data-capture, rule administration, and messaging capabilities described on the SpreadMsg Product Page are available in the Pro Version.
Additional Features in Pro Compared to the /EM Version
* Email Agent Allows up to 50 active and saveable templates
* Both POP3 and IMAP servers are supported for email scanning and retrieval.
* Realtime scanning and rule-based message delivery from the following datasources:
* from the contents of files on your PC
* from realtime DDE links to other applications running on your PC or network
* from data inside your excel spreadsheets or workbooks
* from specific content within the text of nearly any internet page
* from realtime DDE links to many realtime internet financial datafeeds
* On-demand instant messaging from the users keyboard
* Data Parsing to extract small message content from large DataSources
* Ability to launch external processes as a result of EMail Agent Templates or DataSource rules being met
* Two-way wireless query and response from inbound email messages
* Remote command and control of Email Agent operation by email or Instant Message
The Pro Version is a registered upgrade that costs only US$249.00 if upgrading from the "Lite" version, or US$165.00 if upgrading from the /EM version 5.2x or higher. It may be ordered via phone, fax, email, or Online Ordering
SpreadMsg PRO/fs  Order SpreadMsg PRO/fs Now
SpreadMsg PRO/fs the top of the line in the SpreadMsg family. It contains all the features of SpreadMsg Professional, and adds powerful "Fileserver" features for larger and more diverse messaging. Also added are provisions to remotely command and control aspects of DataSource messaging. Individual Selections may be turned on or off, or the entire DataSource engine stopped or started. Remote commands may additionally be used for remote starting of other applications, scripts, or processes. These remote control commands may be delivered to PRO/fs via email or Instant Messaging.
Additional Features in PRO/fs Compared to the Professional version
* Fileserver-level support for network-wide special-format file retrival & messaging
* Special-format input data files accepted from any LAN folder source or external application
* Unlimited wireless provider and recipient dialout support for special-format file messaging
* Unlimited network email destinations as specified in user's special-format files
* Remote command and control of DataSource Selections, and app launching by email or Instant Message
* Ability to run as a Windows Service
The PRO/fs Version 5 is a registered upgrade that costs only US$389.00 if upgrading from the "Lite" version. Upgrades from other SpreadMsg versions also available. It may be ordered via phone, fax, email, or Online Ordering
SpreadMsg Software Product Page
Compuquest, Inc. Home Page